We bridge the language gap
for developers and toolmakers.
We break down language barriers
and help you extend the reach of your technology.
We help more developers
get on your platform, globally.
We help you increase
your adoption rate in overseas markets.
We are developers. We speak your language.
LAI’s focus is on quality.
We deliver high-quality translations of highly-technical, developer-oriented content for the VFX and game industries.
- Our team has the knowledge and experience to understand your highly-technical content and translate it faithfully and accurately
- We understand your content, so you spend less time and money cleaning up poor translations.
- We have a modular workflow that we can easily adapt to meet or exceed your cost/quality/turnaround requirements
- We follow good agile practices to ensure smooth communication between our clients and our team so issues get resolved quickly
- We use an automated QA process and custom tools to ensure the highest level of quality
Frequently Asked Questions
Our main language combinations are:
- English to Japanese
- Japanese to English
We also support
- English to Chinese
- Chinese to English
- Korean to English
We are adding support for additional languages and they will be announced in the near future.
The cost depends on several factors:
- Amount of content to be translated
- Target language(s)
- Workflow model
We offer several different workflow models depending on your cost/quality/turnaround requirement.
To get a better idea, please fill out our Request a Quote form and tell us a bit about your project. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours with a recommended workflow and cost estimate.
We don’t translate word-for-word. That can produce a translation that doesn’t make sense.
Instead, we translate by conceptually understanding the source and producing an accurate rendition in the target language that is both natural and understandable for a developer/technical audience.
We can do this because our translators have a solid technical foundation in the VFX/game industries, backed up by extensive knowledge and experience.
This allows us to translate your source material competently and with confidence.
First, we work closely with you to understand your cost/quality/schedule requirements. We then set up a customized workflow which optimizes those parameters and best meets your requirements. We also follow good agile practices so that you are an integral part of our team and questions/issues can be resolved quickly during the course of translation.